November 13, 2010

Idle hands are the Devil's playground

Setting:
Casa del Robyn y Joel

Time:
Saturday Night

Background:
I've turned down two social engagements (pajama party, board games) for the dubious pleasure of writing a collection development policy/writing annotations for a bibliography on Indian captivities in American literature/studying for an archives exam. Joel, similarly anti-social, is shouting things at the University of Oregon football game. ABC Family has been playing Harry Potter movies all day, and I may or may not be having funny feelings about Rupert Grint:
Pictured: wizard chic

But now it's late enough that my diligent work ethic has worn off, which leaves me time to recipe-blog about what I'm wearing on my face.

Aspirin Mask:

According to expert resource Jezebel.com, aspirin is composed of the same acne-fighting acid as the spendy products I buy on Sephora, which makes it an excellent spot-treatment or ingredient in a face mask. This evening I tried out the following concoction:
  • 6 non-coated aspirin tablets. Put them in a cup or a bowl (I used a martini glass) and add a few drops of water. You don't want to dissolve them, just to break them up into a gritty paste. 
  • Add a heaping spoonful of plain yogurt. I used a fancy Greek-style brand from the health food store, which is thicker than the regular stuff and stayed in place better. 
  • Add about a teaspoon of honey. You could also try some smashed avocado, a drizzle of olive oil, cooked oatmeal, a twist of lemon juice, or an egg white. (Now this is getting me thinking of breakfast. I'd like Eggs Florentine with sourdough toast and fruit salad, please. And another cup of coffee.)
  • Spread the mixture on your face, avoiding the area around your eyes. Leave it on for about 10 minutes, and before rinsing it off massage it into your skin a bit to exfoliate. 
  • Rinse thoroughly, and follow with a good moisturizer.Your skin should feel nicely cool and glowey.
Pictured: beauty, horror-show

No comments:

Post a Comment