October 25, 2010

Leave the light on

If I had witchy powers, I'd definitely use them to set my friends up with the funkiest rappers in our suburb:




This weekend was just enough, liveliness and time to sit quietly. Emma and I swapped photo stories of our friends who live in cabins with turkeys and whiskey, or who plunge bare hands into beehives.

I'm partway into many things and feel I'll have the wherewithall for some completion. Whether this means the apartment will ever be fully unpacked or assembled is a different kettle of fish. But groceries: bought, stockings: washed, archives articles: read(ish). Those things are small, but they're enough for now.

Tomorrow and the next day I get to run around between meetings, and feel like I'm part of some grand planning. I need to finish writing Practium descriptions that reach for stimulating terminology: implementation, coordinator, liaison, analysis.

2 comments:

  1. Boy, I bet you get that a lot there in suburban Urbana. How can you concentrate with that kind of distraction all over the place???

    ReplyDelete